We are happy to share with you the first results of the project Împreună pentru o viață mai bună în Castelu. The project helps improve the way public services are provided to vulnerable people from Castelu. This year:
- We supported a structured way of working of the integrated local team (social workers, community health nurse, school mediator, project coordinator from the city hall): we created a routine of weekly work meetings, identified 30 vulnerable families and started to apply the case management method in order to facilitate their access to services.
- We mobilized local and county authorities to support the vulnerable community, through 2 meetings of the local action group and one of the county action group.
- We helped directly vulnerable children and their families, through:
- a) educational programs: supported 54 children through remedial education, 28 through fast literacy and personal development courses, and 98 through sports education. 14 children went to Camp VIAȚA. 40% of the children made educational progress, and 80% behavioral progress (basic life skills). Involved 5 youngsters with leadership potential in the Youth Club.
- b) health, hygiene and childcare education for 67 unique girls and women (some attended more trainings).
- 12 people from the comuna (9 from the poor community) got involved in a Local Initiative Group and participated in a teambuilding for personal and community development. One woman from the community was hired in the project.
- We organized 1 community event (medical caravan), attended by over 117 people.
- Through the advocacy component, we documented the challenges and solutions on the ground and informed county and central authorities regarding ways to help solve problems in such communities (including through visits in Castelu).